Wednesday 13 May 2009

So, who and what is Cinnamon Toast?


Well, Cinnamon Toast is the new name my (Elizabeth Kate Ryman) designs will come under - a new company name. I started out under the name of 'Lizzie Bee & Co' in December 2000 making hand made Christmas cards for friends and family, and then to taking orders from them to give to their friends and family. It soon developed into a lovely little side line business, further developing into Weddings and Birthday stationery.

Over the last few years, my desires have been made more apparent. I have grown in confidence with my ability and creativity. As the change and development continues, and my aspirations are being revealed more and more, so too are my designs and what I actually want to be. I want to be a surface pattern designer. I would love to see my work on fabrics, stationery and textiles. And so, I felt it was time for a fresh start and a new beginning. And so, here you have it...Cinnamon Toast was born.

Cinnamon Toast has been set up as a company offering fresh & unique illustrations and photography that can be used as surface patterns for stationery, textiles, homeware, etc... - my ideal would be to follow in the footsteps of designers such as Amy Butler, Cath Kidston, Emma Bridgewater, Caroline Gardener and Louise Cunningham...plus, many more great designers!

I am inspired by all things vintage, chabby chic, cupcakey, beachy, floral, colourful, retro, simplistic and I just love fashion illustration (especially the 1920/30/40s). Bit of a mixture there!

No comments:

Post a Comment